Monday, May 25, 2020

Sign of the Times

I've been remiss at keeping track of my memories of this time.  I'll try to do better.  

Today is Memorial Day and, boy, is it a time to be thankful for those who gave all so that I may live free. Free to make the choice to wear my mask when I go to the grocery store to pick up my groceries that somebody else gathered for me, or to a restaurant to pick up take-out for dinner, or to the garden center to get flowers for my porch, or any other place I might need to go so that other people are protected from whatever I might encounter.  

Wearing a mask is annoying.  Wearing a mask is probably a bit overprotective in some ways when we are outside and six to ten feet apart.  However, I'd rather be overprotective than spread germs.  

It is a sacrifice I'm willing to make and it is quite a small one - especially in comparison to the ones that were made to provide me with the opportunity to make that choice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment